Wednesday 5 September 2012

Introduction


First things first, welcome to my brand new blog! I’m sorry the title is a bit of a mouthful, but physics puns and poetry rarely coincide. I hope you’ll stick around to watch my linguistic abilities improve. If nothing else, you should stick around for the moment where I think of the perfect name and have an entertaining meltdown over the unreliability of the creative impulse.

What will I be blogging about? Well, to start with, I have a few thoughts about science, morality, sexuality, pop culture, mental health, politics, writing and aging – but not necessarily in that order. In writing this blog I have two goals. The first is to practice writing; I want to be able to write clearly and engagingly, to be able to explain complex ideas in a way that is easy to follow. The second is to give myself a platform for nutting out exactly what I feel and think on any given issue. That said, I don’t want this to stray too far into therapy territory, mainly because most of the people who comment on things on the internet make truly terrible therapists.

I'm going to keep anonymous, mainly because I want to be able to say exactly what I think without having to worry about future employment prospects. For the moment, you can call me Elanor. And in case your wondering, yes, that is a Lord of the Rings reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment